The Phillips Collection, America’s First Museum of Modern Art, is one of the premier collections of Impressionist, modern, and contemporary art. Created by the visionary collector Duncan Phillips when he opened his home to the public in 1921, the museum’s intimate environment encourages people to make personal connections with art. Its permanent collection contains more than 5,000 works. The museum organizes numerous traveling exhibitions that expand scholarship and, combined with an active lending program, makes its works available to audiences throughout the world. The museum also produces some of the industry’s most effective and in-depth education programs for teachers and students. Its long-standing music program attracts top classical performers. The Phillips Collection is a privately-supported, not-for-profit organization that raises over 75% of its annual budget through contributions and earned revenue.
This position will support and maintain TPC LAN and computer systems and perform help-desk duties. Duties will vary depending on daily scheduling needs. Incumbent will also maintain telephone system (Tadiran) and will support AV and Media Presentation Manager and CIO as needed.
• Provide hands-on support to users who are experiencing network access or PC application issues.
• Maintain network of fiber switches, wireless access points, servers, virtual servers, failover clusters, Hyper-V hosts, desktops, laptops, printers, copiers, mobile devices, firewall, and SAN/NAS devices.
• Diagnose and help computer users resolve issues arising from software and hardware configuration errors or changes.
• Manage the Phillips Collection’s Office 365 domain and licensing.
• Maintain equipment inventory, deploying computer hardware and peripheral equipment for the fulfillment of staff requirements. Receive and transfer equipment within local offices.
• Reconfigure returned computer hardware and peripherals to a working and re-deployable state wherever possible. Recycle when not possible.
• Relocate, install and troubleshoot computer hardware and printers.
• Support image scanning of works of art and other projects as required.
• Compile purchase request forms in order to maintain an inventoried stock of peripheral equipment necessary to support offices.
• Maintain AV/Conference Suite schedule during AV staff absences.
• Maintain Altru scheduling software for facility during AV absences.
• Provide maintenance and support of phone and voicemail systems: add and delete users, interface with support vendors; train new users, create and distribute user documentation, process invoices for phone services (local, long-distance, mobile).
• Document network connectivity, servers, external hard-drives and other devices/peripherals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years’ experience in technology and help desk; 6+ years of experience acceptable in lieu of degree,
• Verifiable current A+, Network+, MCSE and Exchange certifications.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008-2016, Microsoft Office 365,Microsoft Windows 7&10, Microsoft Office 2010-2016, LAN/WAN and wireless network design, implementation, configuration and security (Cisco preferred), Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, remote access, NAT, WatchGuard firewall configuration, FTP, VPN, Hyper-V, DRaaS, Unity3D, and Blackbaud products.
• Experience working with a variety of media and software for editing and streaming video and audio in a Microsoft environment.
• Experience planning, creating and managing virtualized server environments.
• Experience managing Hyper-V failover clusters.
• Experience managing Microsoft Office 365 domains, products and licenses
• Demonstrated ability to juggle several long-term projects simultaneously; ability to prioritize and switch gears; ability to initiate and follow through as required.
• Experience installing and configuring hardware such as Cisco/LinkSYS switches, desktops, servers, firewalls, printers, copiers and scanners as well as handheld or portable devices such as smartphones (iPhone/Android) and tablet devices (iPad/Android)
• Experience in using and troubleshooting AV equipment, Adobe Connect videoconferencing suite, Skype, Polycom, and audio conferencing also a plus.
• Strong experience with manipulation programs (i.e., audio/video editing software primarily for Windows but also Mac operating systems) required.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Contract and management skills a plus
• Ability to communicate with CIO on issues related to position and to keep CIO informed of system and user errors and suggested remedies
• Ability to investigate solutions and compile research for CIO as directed
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with all staffing levels including senior management
• Ability to work with a wide variety of vendors
• Ability to provide analytical summaries from research
• Ability to work with staff who possess a variety of competency levels regarding computer systems and technology
• Ability to set-up, test, and operate a variety of audiovisual equipment a plus, including:
o computerized electronic presentation devices,
o video projectors and video cameras,
o video switchers, digital video effects devices
o video editing equipment, recording and duplication equipment,
o help support AV department with audio reinforcement
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements with cover letter.
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.