Date: June 9, 2021
The National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI) is hiring one (1) experienced Digital Project Manager. This person will oversee the digital and analog processes by which the NMAI produces rich and interactive educational content for its Native Knowledge 360° (NK360) program. NK360° is NMAI’s national education initiative to transform teaching and learning about Native Americans.
The Digital Project Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and/or creating processes for collaboration with NMAI colleagues across various offices and divisions, contractors, and external organizations
- Co-creating work plans for web-based educational content projects complete with timelines, milestones, deliverables, and a defined scope
- Tracking completion of milestones and the progress of project deliverables by both Smithsonian staff and contractors
- Managing budgets, establishing contracts, processing payments/honoraria, and communicating with NMAI and Smithsonian Institution finance/business offices
- Drafting reports complete with key metrics
The NMAI is looking for candidates who can work effectively with a team that may include Native consultants, educational scholars, teachers, content specialists, editors, and NMAI’s media and web staff. Teamwork, good communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to meet deadlines are a must! Multiple content development projects may be in progress simultaneously.
Candidates should have significant experience working with project management principles; implementing advanced project and program management techniques; monitoring project progress, schedules, and funding; and working with project management systems – Smartsheet experience preferred.
The position will be for a term of three (3) years, with the possibility of extension, and comes with benefits.
We especially encourage applications from:
· Native American project managers
· Project managers with experience working on projects related to Native Americans
· Project managers with experience working on digital content projects
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with references. Interviews will be scheduled with selected applicants.
To ask questions or to apply, please contact: NMAI-HumanResources@… and use Digital Project Manager in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted through July 2, 2021.
The Smithsonian Institution is an equal opportunity employer.