The Chicago Humanities Festival is looking to hire a dynamic Webmaster who is keenly interested in working in the arts and humanities, and who will work collaboratively to spec and build out an exciting new web presence.
The Chicago Humanities Festival (the Festival) celebrates ideas within the context of civic life, connecting artists, authors, journalists, scholars, policy makers, and other thinkers with passionate and inquisitive audiences. The Festival presents over 150 programs to 50,000 people annually (including discussions, lectures, and performances) during its Fallfest, Springfest, and throughout the year. It has a robust educational program that welcomes middle-school and high-school students to programs celebrating the arts and humanities.
WEBMASTER POSITION DESCRIPTION (details and instructions on how to apply)
Provide full management of the Festival’s web presence, ensuring that it serves Festival audiences to the fullest and meets the organization’s business objectives and is flexible enough to adapt to future needs. Make recommendations in collaboration with relevant Festival staff for a new web platform, its functionality, and ongoing support with an eye to contemporary design, industry best practices, and ease of use. This position will be responsible for managing and maintaining the entire platform, as well as all upgrades and security relating to the Festival’s web presence and end user experience.
- Develop, maintain and provide support for the Festival website. The intent is for the website to be fully rebuilt within the upcoming year.
- Participate in leadership team meetings to offer and receive input and suggestions as the functionality of the website is being evolved. Partner with Festival leadership and staff to identify new ways to serve both internal and external digital audiences
- Monitor software licenses to ensure compliance.
- Insure that all Internet standards are met and that the company does not intentionally violate any standards that would place our domain in jeopardy.
- Maintain and administer all legal Internet domains owned by the company.
- Develop, maintain and monitor any web servers broadcasting an Internet domain.
- Responsible for DNS server and DNS naming structure.
- Use technology to provide staff with a fast, accurate and secure method of gaining access to information, so they can service the Festival’s digital audiences in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
- Manage critical relationships with all associated vendors and their contracts
- Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge and other API and online integration websites
- Project Management skills to lead an RFP process to identify new platform
- Refined collaboration skills to identify and involve relevant staff in the RFP, design and functionality process
- Customer and client focused commitment to service of the internal and external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the computer science field.
- Minimum of five years of web platform management/development experience.
- Extensive experience in the integration of non-profit donor databases and CRMs with web platforms. Knowledge of The Raiser’s Edge and web based fundraising tools strongly desired.
More Information and Application Instructions: http://chicagohumanities.org/about/jobs