Expand your skills and accelerate your career; the best developers grow their careers at Cogapp.
This is an opportunity to work with an ambitious team doing outstanding work for outstanding clients – we’ll help you develop your existing skills, gain new ones, and give your career a unique and immediate boost.
Cogapp is an international digital agency. We specialise in developing landmark projects that engage large audiences with interesting content.Our clients include leading museums, arts and media organisations.
Help us craft solutions for our incredible clients in our modern open plan studio (with sea views). Come and join one of the closest and friendliest teams in town in an open, collaborative and challenging environment.
Training and communication are key to us; we attract and, more importantly, retain the best talent in the business. We have regular events to discuss matters of Tech, Design and UX, to spread knowledge throughout the team at all levels of experience. Come and see what we can do for your career.
This is an opportunity aimed at candidates with at least six months commercial experience.
You’ll be learning a lot. You will jump onto projects that use state-of-the-art technologies. You will be a member of our tech team, coding, testing and generally helping deliver world-leading projects. You will improve upon the foundation of skills that you already have and soon you’ll use your new expertise to help others as part of our supportive and friendly team. An inquisitive mind is a must, after a year in the role your skillset will have grown beyond recognition.
Our devs use Macs but we don’t want to specify a long list of technologies we use because it changes every month. Some of our current faves are Backbone.js, Angular.js, Drupal, Vagrant and Ansible. Having an understanding of back-end technologies will stand you in good stead. You’ll have experience with databases and at least one server-side language.
Working on high-profile clients from the get-go; Cogapp trusts its staff to get the job done. There is a shared responsibility and commitment to quality, you’ll be learning the right way to do things as part of our helpful, inclusive team.
You’ll be talking to people. In order to continue producing work at the standard to which we aspire, we require good communication and collaboration between all areas of the company; you will be expected to do this too.
So, if this sounds good, and you think you can add to our team, please get in touch. To find out what a developer does day-to-day at Cogapp, read our blogpost here or to find out what we’re up to today check out our Twitter feed @cogapp.
Examples of our work from the last 12 months include:
- A new site for the National Baseball of Fame. See Alex Bridge and Tassos Koutlas describe how we linked it with the Islandora DAM and used the Paragraphs module to enable them to tell rich web stories from their archive
- The responsive, multi-lingual Qatar Museums authority site, designed in collaboration with Wolff Olins and winner of a Silver User Experience Award in San Francisco
- The Women of the World festival site for Southbank Centre, the latest fruit of our extraordinary open collaboration with the Southbank Centre’s in-house team (and a little help from Sir Tim Berners-Lee),which has included our teams working together in a literal glass box in the foyer of the Royal Festival Hall!
- A new online collection for the Whitney Museum of American Art, New York. We used the Django Framework to feed a BackboneJS front-end alongside a PhantomJS rendered accessible version of the site.
- An app factory for a commercial client that involved Drupal, BackboneJS and PhoneGap. Users from around the world can create apps in the CMS and receive a binary for iOS and Android at the click of a button.
- Salary and Benefits
We’ll pay a competitive salary depending on experience.
• Real training and career development
• Profit share
• Bike scheme
• Childcare vouchers
*IMPORTANT*: We will be reviewing applications as they arrive, may appoint before the stated closing date, and may appoint more than one applicant: please do not delay in applying. Please also note that this is a permanent role based in our studio in Brighton, UK.