The Cleveland Museum of Art is a leader in technology innovation in the museum world and is seeking an intelligent and inspired software developer to help our Digital Innovation department achieve its goals. The Digital Innovation department is responsible for a wide range of technology projects, including the award-winning ArtLens Gallery and the Ingalls Library integrated library system (ILS). The Ingalls Library is a nationally recognized art research library, with 500,000+ volumes in all formats reflecting the encyclopedic art collection of the museum and with particular depth in Asian art, French decorative arts, European Painting and Sculpture and Modern Art. The candidate for this position should be able to take direction as well as be self-sufficient. Ability to quickly ascend learning curves and clearly articulate obstacles and new solutions is a must.
The primary task of this position will be supporting the implementation of a new ILS for the Ingalls Library. This will involve working closely with library staff to migrate the data from existing ILS, as well as plan and execute any necessary configurations and customizations. Additionally, the candidate will provide additional development support for new and ongoing projects in the Digital Innovation department. All development and maintenance must be documented, so the candidate should also have excellent written communication skills.
The position will directly report to the Lead Software Developer, but will receive additional direction and mentorship from the Director of Technology. This is a full-time, temporary 1 year engagement with a possible opportunity to grow into a permanent position.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS).
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database solutions, as well as data mapping and migration.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and system integration.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages:
- Exposure to any of the following frameworks/platforms desirable:
- Reports to Lead Software Developer
- Full-time, temporary 1 year position