The Baltimore Museum of Art is seeking an experienced Manager of Digital Asset Services responsible for broadening public access to the BMA’s collection, archives and content by establishing and managing the Museum’s Digital Asset Management System and related services, including photography, rights, and reproductions for personal, educational, promotional, or commercial use both inside the museum and by outside audiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In partnership with the Museum’s Photographer and stakeholders, develop a dynamic monthly photography schedule.
- Improve the photography process through analysis of current practices and collaboration.
- Collaborate with the Chief Technology Officer to establish and maintain the Museum’s Digital Asset Management system including establishing a guidelines for the submission of new assets and encouraging and training staff on contributing to the sytem.
- Advise on and negotiate rights for BMA projects and publications
- Oversee the work of the Senior Photographer and the part-time Image Services and Rights Assistant.
- Create and monitor annual and project-specific budgets
This full time, exempt position reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Digital Humanities or Library Science
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and make difficult decisions
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription; 403b deferred compensation retirement plan; long term disability, and employee assistance program; flexible spending & transportation account; flexible and condensed scheduling; discounts at our museum shop, programs and exhibitions, and restaurant; reduced fee gym membership; and a continuing education discount. We also offer 4 weeks of earned vacation, 8 holidays, 3 personal days, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days each fiscal year.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to HR@artbma.org with “Manager of Digital Asset Services” and include your first and last name in the subject line next to the title.
Incomplete application materials will not be accepted.
No phone calls please.