SFMOMA seeks a Manager, Digital Assets. The Manager has a pivotal role in cohesively integrating use of an enterprise digital asset management system (DAMS) into all activities related to the museum’s ambitious program. Position is key in realizing the roll-out, development, and use of a new system.
The manager oversees the day-to-day administration and use of the digital asset management system, while also working hands-on with assets, data, and the system by directly contributing, organizing, describing, and disseminating assets.
Working collaboratively with staff across the museum, the manager develops and supports sustainable practices around the digital asset lifecycle to ensure the availability and integrity of assets related to the museum and its history, collections, programs, and operations.
The Manager, Digital Assets will:
- Spend significant time with individuals and departments to develop and support good, sustainable practices for the digital asset lifecycle, using the DAMS to its greatest potential, benefitting staff and program.
- Contribute leadership and creativity in developing and supporting projects that use assets and data.
- Ingest, organize, describe, and disseminate assets.
- Manage a full complement of data elements and data values across asset types. Ensure desired level of good data is present for assets in the system.
- In partnership with departments, assist in planning and managing growth of asset collections.
- Liaise with stakeholders to effect successful integration or synchronization of the DAMS with other systems, applications, and repositories.
- Provide day-to-day and long-range administrative oversight of the DAMS.
- Apply project management methodologies for the DAMS and related projects.
- In close partnership with Information Technology, plan system customizations, upgrades, integrations, testing, and maintenance. Play a key role in vendor communications and management.
- Represent the museum through conference and committee participation, research, and publications.
For more info visit http://bit.ly/1wiPYsO