Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago
MSI Marketing is undergoing a period of rediscovery and modernization. We’re developing cutting-edge marketing goals and strategies for 2016 and beyond that will have enterprise-wide impact. The Manager, Marketing Analytics will be challenged to help evolve the marketing practice – and the enterprise – forward to become a more evidence-based, data centric organization.
The Museum of Science and Industry is a mission-driven organization with a strong focus on outcomes. We place high value on the guest experience at all touch points, in addition to focusing on new and repeat visits.
The Manager, Marketing Analytics is accountable for providing analytical leadership in acquisition, analysis and integration of guest data, to be used as the basis for sound, fact-based business decisions. The Manager, Marketing Analytics has strategic influence over targeting decisions in the marketing division, as well as making high-level recommendations based on findings from measuring and analyzing museum metrics.
S/he will also extract key insights from qualitative and quantitative marketing research projects, for integration with other learnings. The Manager, Marketing Analytics will closely collaborate with and coach marketing, social media, digital media, promotions, communications, IT and finance. This person will co-author and execute an analytics plan for the Museum with support of the Director of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). This position is based in Chicago and reports to the Director of Marketing.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze advertising campaign performance and recommend strategies to improve campaign efficiency and ROI.
- Set benchmarks and run A/B testing. Act as coach for marketing functions to operationalize testing.
- Collect and analyze guest research data collected from various surveys and studies.
- Collect and analyze secondary research from comparable and non-comparable industries.
- Assist in operationalizing the museum’s segmentation system throughout marketing.
- Identify key business issues relative to category trends, competition and pricing. Develop specific recommendations for managing risks/increasing success.
- Interface with finance, IT, external affairs, retail, etc. to share data sets; analyze this data to determine ways to increase revenue.
- Enhance marketing and group sales effectiveness with timely monitoring and analysis of sales and marketing KPI.
- Participate in development of dashboard of museum KPI for museum management team.
- Provide leadership in improving the productivity and impact of analytic applications and business processes.
- Participate in analysis of prices and their impact on demand.
- Provide ad-hoc support with the use of museum data as required by internal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of marketing analytics experience.
- Experience with consumer brands or public institutions a plus.
- Hands-on approach with a natural analytical curiosity, creativity and drive.
- Excellent marketing project management abilities; strong communicator and collaborator.
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical and financial skills.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong marketing intuition and experience working with senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and ability to coach others in a collaborative way.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Deep knowledge using statistical tools (e.g., SAS, Statistica) and BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI). SQL skills a plus.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, which includes providing equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please submit job bid and apply on line at http://www.msichicago.org/explore/about-us/careers/