ISGM Core Values
Isabella Stewart Gardner believed that art had the power to change lives and she built a beautiful, personal, and immersive Museum setting to do so. Today the Gardner is a living embodiment of her bold vision; a dynamic place where ideas and creativity in all its forms inspire visitors. Through exhibitions, music, programs, and performances we strive to tell new stories and challenge assumptions through diverse voices and community members.
Our Core Values are:
- Creativity is our Legacy
- Community is our Purpose
- The Collection is our Catalyst
- Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion are our Commitments
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is looking for a detail-oriented and creative self-starter to work with our team on social media, media relations, and department administration. This position will support external communications, assisting in press requests and developing social media content. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, very organized, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, who has strong writing skills, a good visual eye, and a passion for storytelling.
- Responsible for all messaging and content disseminated on organic social media channels (does not include social media advertising) in alignment with the Museum’s social media strategy
- Primary liaison to social media audiences, including responding to all customer service inquiries and engagement
- Writes copy and develops video content for social media campaigns
- Create reports for social media, website, and public relations analytics and provide metrics on goal progress
- May be asked to assist in content creation for other channels (website and email marketing)
- Responsible for administrative functions of department, including ensuring contracts are fulfilled and invoices processed in a timely manner
- File and archive all press stories, advertisements, and printed collateral
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 or more years’ professional social media experience with channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills with a superb attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with minimal supervision in a complex organizational environment
- Outstanding organizational and computer skills (e.g., Google Docs, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Experience with photography and videography (you don’t need to be a professional photographer, but you should be able to take a beautifully composed photo or clever short video from your phone)
- Experience with Photoshop preferred
- Able to work on-site
All employees of the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status. If an employee is not vaccinated, they will need to go through an interactive process of requesting for religious or medical accommodation and to submit weekly testing results, in addition to following other federal, state and CDC recommendations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion is one of the core values we hold close to our business practices. ISGM is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, gender, gender identity, genetics, military/veteran status, pregnancy, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other basis prohibited by applicable laws.
Request An Accommodation
Applicants with disabilities who are unable to fully access ISGM’s online application system may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with a reasonable accommodation.