Ford’s Theatre is seeking a Marketing and Social Media Manager. Ford’s is proud to be an equal opportunity employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Marketing and Social Media Manager leads the creation and implementation of the organization’s social media strategy. The position also assists with creation and implementation of advertising, direct marketing, e-marketing and promotional campaigns related to the theatre, historic site, education and development. The manager works closely with the Director of Communications and Digital Strategy and Associate Director of Communications and Marketing. Position is based in Washington, D.C.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Create, maintain, monitor and analyze the organization’s social media content calendar and strategies, serving as primary lead on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Report metrics, key performance indicators and tracking reports for social media initiatives
- Write original social media copy that engages fans around historic site content, communicates donor impact/benefits, raises profile of education programming and drives ticket sales
- Develop and plan social influencer outreach efforts, including TweetUps and Instameets
- Write copy for ads (print, radio, television, digital) and other promotional material
- Purchase advertising (print, radio, television and digital)
- Solicit media partners, restaurant partners and cross-promotion partners (such as museums and cultural peers)
- Assist in planning and executing audience engagement events (including Generation Abe nights and artist Meet and Mingle events)
- Assist with pulling internal database lists for direct mail, digital and email campaigns
- Negotiate external list trade agreements for direct mail
- Demonstrated success in online content development and social media management. Experience in a communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism environment or related educational experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and visual formats.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively, accept feedback and provide solutions
- Experience using major social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Knowledge of social media analytics, algorithms and management tools such as TweetDeck or Hootsuite.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus.
- Passion for history or the performing arts a plus.
- Experience in media buying, promotions and ticketing databases is a plus.
To see a full job description and apply, visit https://www.fords.org/work-with-us/marketing-and-social-media-manager/ to send cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.