The Studio Museum in Harlem is the nexus for artists of African descent locally, nationally and internationally and for work that has been inspired and influenced by black culture. It is a site for the dynamic exchange of ideas about art and society. In celebration of its 50th anniversary in 2018, the Museum has bolstered its programming and fundraising to honor the occasion and is actively working on the institution’s vital next chapter, which includes utilizing community spaces and resources through the inHarlem initiative, as the Studio Museum awaits its new home to be built on its current site.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for promoting the activities, mission and brand of the Studio Museum to multiple and diverse audiences in both the digital and analog realms. The Coordinator is a vital member of the Communications team and is supervised by the Assistant Director, Digital Communications.
- Act as editor-in chief for the Museum’s social media platforms: Create and manage social media content calendar; manage all social media platforms, posts and campaigns; track and analyze social media metrics
- Manage the Museum’s email campaigns and newsletters; work cross-functionally to collect and maintain constituent data
- Act as a resource for and collaborate with other museum departments, especially Development, on institutional messaging
- With the Communications Director and Assistant Director, Digital Communications, participate in developing and executing a strategic marketing plan for the Museum’s exhibitions, programs and new initiatives
- Strategize, implement, and track efficient and effective marketing and advertising activities, including OOH, digital, and print
- Initiate and execute cross-promotional activities with peer arts and Harlem institutions
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, art history or other related field required
- 2+ years of experience in marketing/communications/social media required, preferably for a museum or arts organization
- Strong writing, editing and project management skills a must
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills paired with a positive attitude essential
- Passion for digital media a must
- Excellent computer skills required, including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft platforms, and MailChimp
- Interest in and familiarity with global contemporary art and/or African-American art preferred
Please submit resume, cover letter, and relevant writing sample (under 1000 words) or digital portfolio to: email@example.com
No phone calls or faxes, please.