The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis seeks a Marketing Manager to broaden and diversify CAM’s audience and drive visitor engagement, both on-site and online. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Visitor Experience, the Marketing Manager works closely in collaboration with the Communications Specialist and colleagues cross-departmentally to promote the Museum and its exhibitions, programs, and events via social media, email marketing, advertising, and other means. This position is also responsible for the graphic design and layout of in-house publications and didactics.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Visitor Experience, devise strategies to market exhibitions, programs, and events, and strengthen brand awareness
- Create, implement, and evaluate all aspects of social media and email marketing
- Produce in-house graphic design projects, such as newsletters, signage, gallery guides, and flyers, as well as merchandising for CAM’s shop
- Manage CAM’s media buys and annual advertising budget
- Collaborate on programming initiatives to drive audience engagement
- Maintain CAM’s website and community platforms
- Analyze audience metrics, both on-site and online
- Coordinate with photographers, designers, printers, and advertising representatives
- Organize photography and design assets
- Assist with audience and market research
- Supervise seasonal interns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant marketing experience
- Experience managing social media for an organization or company and graphic design ability are strongly preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in contemporary art and culture
- Comfortable managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere; Mailchimp; WordPress; Google Analytics and Ads; SEO; Facebook Advertising; and YouTube Studio
- Creative and well organized, with strong attention to detail and a positive attitude
Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion
CAM commits to creating environments that are equitable, just, and accessible without discrimination toward a person’s race, gender identity, class, sexuality, ethnicity, religion, age, ability, and national origin. Employees at CAM are expected to contribute to the advancement of equitable, inclusive organizational practices.
This is a full-time position. Compensation, including benefits, is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $47,000–$53,000.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Marketing Manager. All inquiries and materials will be confidential. Applications will be acknowledged.
About the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
The Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis works to enrich lives and inspire curiosity, creativity, and learning through experiences with contemporary art. Focused on a dynamic array of changing exhibitions, the Museum reflects and contributes to the global cultural landscape while engaging thousands of visitors through a wide array of public programs. CAM nurtures the creative minds of our city’s youth through free, in-depth art education, making a long-lasting impact on the community. We are a site for discovery, a welcoming space, free and open to all.
CAM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, age, family responsibilities, national origin, or veteran status. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.
Learn more at camstl.org.