Are you someone who:
- Is an experienced fundraiser who thrives in face-to-face meetings and solicitations?
- Has experience successfully managing an annual giving program?
- Is an effective collaborator, capable of working with diverse teams toward common fundraising goals?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a full-time Gift Officer, who will be responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program to increase support among donors at the $1,500 – $50,000 levels. They will also maintain a portfolio of major gifts prospects and donors with the capacity of giving $5,000 or more, working as a key member of the gift officer team to achieve fundraising goals by securing restricted philanthropic gifts for Exhibitions, Performance Programs, Learning and Public Programs projects, and other special museum initiatives. They will have a robust understanding of how to leverage relationships, special events and other systems (database, communications, website, etc.) to strengthen the donor pipeline. This position ideally spends 60% of its time in face-to-face meetings and solicitations with prospects and donors. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Manage and engage key staff, volunteer leadership, and trustees in the cultivation and solicitation process, working to create strategies for their involvement.
- Collaborate with the Director of Individual Giving and Major Gifts to close gifts and meet the unrestricted individual giving goals of the institution.
- Work with the Director of Individual Giving and Major Gifts and the events team to create experiences that support recruitment and stewardship efforts for the Circle donor and Director’s Vision Council programs.
- Support Director of Individual Giving and Major Gifts with the development and growth of planned giving program, including the solicitation of gifts of art.
- Attend MCA Chicago events, dinners, openings, and meetings where appropriate.
Desired qualifications include a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a development office, and:
- An understanding of individual giving practices and direct solicitation strategies.
- High comfort level reaching out to and meeting with individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and cross-departmentally with a variety of people.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, frequently while interfacing with donors and high-level volunteers and navigating a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm with evening and weekend availability as required to fulfill responsibilities and for related museum activities. Ability to operate computers, printers, and telephones and general mobility throughout the building required.
Interested? APPLY NOW: Gift Officer – MCA Chicago