The Phillips Collection is actively recruiting for a Media Relations Manager.
Founded by art collector and philanthropist Duncan Phillips in 1921, The Phillips Collection has been collecting modern and contemporary art for one hundred years. Duncan Phillips’s former home—and additions to it—in Washington’s historic Dupont Circle neighborhood provides a unique setting for the growing collection of over 5,000 works. Following Phillips’s unconventional approach to exhibitions, The Phillips Collection galleries are frequently rearranged to facilitate new conversations between artworks and fresh experiences for visitors.
In addition to presenting selections from the permanent collection and special exhibitions, The Phillips Collection also offers award-winning education and community engagement programs for audiences of all ages and backgrounds, including initiatives at its satellite campus Phillips@THEARC.
The Media Relations Manager will maintain and improve upon the museum’s media relations efforts, under the supervision of the Chief Communications Officer and Director of Marketing, through devising and implementing comprehensive media strategies for exhibitions, events, partnerships, and the institution.
Strategies, promotions, and initiatives will be designed to demonstrate the museum as a forward-thinking institution that is committed to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion (DEAI) by maximizing visibility through varied outlets. The Media Relations Manager will be a critical part of the Marketing and Communications team, assisting the department as needed with social media, the website, and administrative duties.
This is a full time, exempt position with a salary range of $50,000 – $55,000 annually.
• B.A. in journalism, public relations, or related field and 2-3 years relevant experience
• Art history and background in the arts a plus
• Excellent writing and copyediting skills, with impeccable accuracy
• Superlative organizational ability and attention to detail
• Ability to track and meet multiple deadlines
• Positive attitude and sense of humor
• Outstanding computer skills, including database management and familiarity with all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to establish and cultivate positive working relationships with media
• Experience with Cision and Drupal a plus
• Foreign language skills a plus, but not required
To view the full job description and apply, please visit https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/opportunities/employment