Join The Phillips Collection’s creative, passionate team to help spread the “joy-giving, life-enhancing” power of art. The Phillips Collection is committed to serving our current and future audiences, cultivating diverse artists and art managers, and incubating creativity and creation. The Phillips strives to enrich our community and beyond with bold, transformative ideas, and seeks talented individuals that possess a wide range of skills, knowledge, and interest and come from a variety of professional and personal backgrounds to be part of America’s first museum of modern art.
We are currently seeking Museum Assistants to join our team. Museum Assistants support the Security Department by helping protect The Phillips Collection’s artwork from being touched, damaged, destroyed or stolen. The incumbent will also assist and serve the visiting public as they view the exhibitions.
• Monitor the permanent collection and special exhibition galleries.
• Perform essential duties as outlined in museum assistant manual.
• Ensure the enforcement of museum rules with public and staff.
• Act as a professional representative of the museum with the public.
• Provide accurate information about the museum and the collection to the public.
• Make verbal and written reports to the Security department.
• Facilitate emergency evacuation procedures when necessary.
• Work evening events as needed.
• Move light furniture as needed.
• Perform receptionist duties as needed.
• Attend and successfully complete museum training sessions.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To view the full job description and apply, please visit https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/employment