Communications and Marketing Manager
Job Listing start date: 06/01/2022
Job Listing end date: 06/22/2022
Under the direction of the Head of Communications and Marketing, the position communicates the museums messages and brand positioning to external and internal audiences, oversees strategic marketing partnerships and programs, responsible for content creation and project management on various projects, and ensures brand consistency for the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. Extend the reach of the museums current initiatives through strategic communication, partnership development, and planning designed to develop and cultivate audiences.
- Upholds Museums mission, goals, and communication/marketing strategy to ensure consistently effective articulation of the Museums desired brand image and voice to internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
- Work with Head of Communications and Marketing to unify the Amon Carter brand across all communications and institutional initiatives, via oversight of brand messaging, brand images, brand standards, etc.
- Work with Head of Communications and Marketing on quality insurance for content, design, and resources for both digital and traditional branding efforts, internally and externally.
- Work with Head of Communications and Marketing to design and implement email/digital communications strategy. Coordinate and create content and work with team to write compelling copy, develop email templates, and push out emails to targeted audiences, including Carter members, via our email marketing platform.
- Develop and report on analytics that provide insight on email performance.
- Manage all email audience lists and maintain best practices and privacy standards across all digital communications.
- Manage complex communications project workflows that require content strategy coordination and authorship from individuals across departments. Key projects include Carter Magazine (member magazine), ongoing email content process, and virtual gallery experiences (Matterport).
- Coordinate with outside vendors on key design and production projects.
- Review and edit alongside the Head of Communications and Marketing, public facing copy from various departments.
- Deliver promotions that help drive attendance and earned revenues, including cultivation of partnerships or sponsorships with external Cultural District, corporate, and community partners.
- Manage the in kind and paid marketing partnerships for onsite promotional events such as Party on the Porch, including but not limited to confirming participation and presence at events, maintaining positive work relationship with partners, work with Manager of Public Programs to secure placement for promotional partners, and serve as liaison while partners are onsite.
- Manage relationships between strategic marketing partners and internal teams to effectively execute the marketing and communications strategies and media plan.
- Work with the Head of Communications and Marketing to create and implement comprehensive communications and marketing programs which enhance the Museums image and position within the museum field, arts communities, and with the general public.
- Research, implement, and refine communications processes that support our broader communications plan.
- Research and implement new outlets that drive website traffic via signage, promotional materials, contests, and more.
- Assist in ensuring the department is in adherence with the protection of the Museums copyright and visual quality standards.
- Research, secure, and engage marketing outreach initiatives in the community including but not limited to festivals, meetings, conferences, etc. Manage staff volunteer time for outreach initiatives as necessitated.
- Contribute to the teams creation and content production on an ongoing basis, including but not limited to content on cartermuseum.org and social media.
- Research and stay abreast of email, branding, and marketing best practices.
- Work with the in-house lead on visitor/audience surveys online and on-site to gain further insight into audience needs, habits, and experiences at the Museum as required.
- Serve on and/or chair, co-chair, as well as contribute to Museum committees on occasion beyond Marketing and Communications that will support the strategic direction of the museum.
- Work collaboratively with all departments including Marketing and Communications, Development, Curatorial/ Exhibitions, and Education to showcase activities across the Museum.
- Serve as back-up coverage for on-site media visit needs.
- Assist with public and member special events as needed.
- Support the efforts of the greater Marketing and Communications team.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Museum information and records.
- Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Strategic thinker with understanding of systemic processes and key metrics
- Exceptional writing and listening skills and ability to distill messages into engaging, informative pieces that are audience-specific and accurate.
- Leader who works well independently or in a group
- Excellent written communication, editing, and organizational skills; proficient in composition, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to effectively multi-task projects and activities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; email marketing system knowledge a plus
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Adobe Suites (particularly Photoshop) strongly desired.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible, self-motivated, and a team player, able to work collaboratively with staff members across the museum. Must be able to establish and maintain an effective rapport with all levels of management, employees, and guests.
- Clear communicator and creative thinker
- Data-driven strategist with experience translating and leveraging research.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, and self-manage time.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Bachelors degree required; major in Business, Communication, English, Public Relations, or Journalism a plus
- 3-5 experience preferred; experience as account coordinator or comparable position, preferably with a nonprofit organization and experience dealing with advertising agencies and the media, preferred
- Masters in Public Relations, preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Periodically works irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
- Must provide a smartphone or comparable digital technology to facilitate 24/7 mobile access to server and institutional accounts.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment background screen and drug screen. Position also subject to MVR screening.
Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this JD describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Applications and application questions must be completed entirely for consideration.
To apply: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=107586&clientkey=7DE652AD2B0C5EC19EBC3E25055F3A94