Bullock Museum Marketing Specialist:
To apply visit: http://www.tspb.texas.gov/spb/employ/employ.html internet or call: (512) 463-5495. For consideration, a fully completed state application must be received by the SPB by the close of business on the final day posted. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hiring Rate: $3,917.00 – $4,084.00 monthly
The Marketing Specialist reports to the Head of Marketing to develop, coordinate, and implement the Bullock Museum’s goal-focused and data-driven marketing plans and communications strategies that grow the Museum’s audience and relevance to the communities it serves. The Marketing Specialist is primarily responsible for developing and executing compelling written content for social media, email, and the web. The Marketing Specialist also assists the Head of Marketing in developing advertising campaigns and public relations initiatives. They conceptualize, prepare and distribute information highlighting the Bullock Museum experiences with an emphasis on increasing reach and engagement and growing new audiences. The Marketing Specialist works cross-departmentally to maintain a consistent voice and a high level of accuracy. They work in a fast-paced environment under general supervision with moderate latitude for use of initiative and sound, independent judgement. The ideal candidate must be focused, have excellent copywriting skills, be organized, able to set priorities, and have the ability to be flexible and shift gears when institutional priorities change. As a voice for the Bullock Museum, they utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills and maintain a professional, respectful, and service oriented focus while communicating with the public, other employees, vendors, volunteers, visitors, and media representatives. As a member of the Museum team, they also invest in and contribute to a work environment that values the Museum’s core
values of Leadership, Excellence, Accessibility, Diversity, Engagement and Relevance.
Essential job duties:
- Copywriting – Conceptualizes, researches, and writes engaging and compelling text for a wide range of media, including email marketing, social media, advertising, press releases, and the Museum’s website; accepts feedback and adjusts copy as needed.
- Email marketing – Designs, develops, schedules, and executes email marketing communications and campaigns to Museum audiences utilizing an email automation platform; maintains email lists with an emphasis on growth; performs A/B testing and designs effective automated email campaigns.
- Social media – Develops, schedules and publishes engaging and relevant posts on the Museum’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Medium); maintains a cross-departmental editorial calendar that balances interpretive/educational and promotional content; develops strategies to increase social media followers and engagement.
- Public relations – Assists Head of Marketing in creating and distributing news releases; coordinates media visits, interviews and filming; represents the Museum on camera by giving media interviews in English and Spanish; promptly responds to requests for information; helps build and maintain relationships with members of the media.
- Advertising – Assists Head of Marketing in developing advertising campaigns and strategies; writes copy for print, digital, OOH, radio, and TV advertising; creates and monitors Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns.
- Event coverage – Provides support at Bullock Museum onsite and offsite events, including photography, live social media coverage and video recording, and photography/filming supervision.
- Data Analyzation and Reporting – Monitors social media and email marketing analytics and insights closely, reports results to Head of Marketing and provides suggestions for improvement; monitors engagement by utilizing UTM codes and Google Analytics.
- Actively stays up-to-date in marketing trends and best practices; maintains knowledge of cutting-edge marketing methodologies and internet accessibility.
- Effectively manages time and projects with an extreme attention to detail while meeting regular deadlines.
- Communicates with others, including the public, using clear, concise and grammatically correct Spanish and English.
- Delivers factual information and enthusiastically markets the Museum to the public.
- Must be available to work after regular business hours, including weekends, evenings and/or nights as needed.
- Adheres to all agency and department policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable safety rules, regulations, and standards. Plans and preforms work with safety and security front of mind. Continuously assesses safety conditions to ensure individual and workplace safety and the safety of building occupants, visitors and staff. May assist in building evacuation.
- Regular attendance is an essential job duty for all State Preservation Board positions.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes public confidence in the State Preservation Board and its employees.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications: The successful candidate for this position will have a college degree in marketing, journalism, advertising, communications, or related field from an accredited four-year higher learning institution and will be fluent in Spanish and English (written and spoken). At least three (3) years of professional experience in a marketing, communications or related role. Experience in position(s) requiring management of multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables. Demonstrated proficient use of social media channels and email marketing platforms. Experience with photography, photo editing, and creating video content for social media. Excellent writing, editing, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills are required. Candidates who are chosen for interviews will be asked to submit samples of their prior work and complete a writing assessment.
Preferred qualifications: The ideal candidate will have prior museum, cultural, non-profit, or tourism industry experience. Skills and experience in Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Analytics, SEO, CMS platforms, HTML. Experience with public speaking or on-camera interviews.