Obtain, organize, and create databases for all images to be used in AIC publications and clear rights when necessary. Ensure images meet publication standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Organize and create databases for all images to be used in AIC publishing projects, including both printed and digital catalogues.
2. Research and order images, negotiate costs, and process invoices for the images.
3. Obtain images and store them for use in publications.
4. Clear image rights and copyright as needed.
5. Work with production team to coordinate between color separators; graphic designers; Experience Design; Imaging; curators; authors; editors; and other outside organizations.
6. Work with project editors to collect and organize lo-res placement images for designers.
7. Act as liaison to Imaging Department to order, and receive image requests, and aid in coordinating new photography if necessary.
8. Work with legal department copyright attorney to understand and interpret international and United States copyright laws and intellectual-property issues that pertain to images. Ensure that the Publishing department is following all necessary rules and guidelines.
9. Work with the collection database (CITI) and design and customize computer databases in FileMaker Pro and other tracking software as necessary.
10. Work in Adobe Photoshop to check image size and quality.
11. Work with editors to assemble photo rights and image credits.
12. Aid Exhibitions Department in creating and updating Image Banks for exhibition publicity.
13. Pay all invoices in a timely fashion, making sure that totals do not exceed budgets.
14. Return images as necessary to owners in a timely fashion so as not to incur fines, and send out complimentary copies required by lenders of images.
BA or BFA in art history, photography, new media or similar field. Familiarity with image databases, digital imaging, Photoshop, Bridge, Word, and Excel. Excellent organizational, verbal, writing, and computer skills. An interest in museum publishing is preferred.