Full posting at www.artic.edu/careers
Aids the production team in creating “museum-quality” digital and print publications within specified timeframe and budget. Works with project directors, editors, photographers, designers, technologists, curators, conservators, color separators, and printers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops schedules for all projects produced in-house. Responsible for tracking schedules as projects proceed. Works across the department to keep colleagues apprised of deadlines, and revises schedules as needed.
2. Under supervision of Production team, creates specification sheets for projects. Gathers and compares bids from suppliers.
3. Aids Production team and Financial and Administrative Coordinator in tracking project budgets in Excel; pays invoices in timely fashion. Tracks bidding process and prepares bid comparisons for Accounting Department.
4. Under supervision of Production team, assists in preparing color-accurate, print-ready color proofs by comparing proofs to artwork and noting changes to be executed by color separator. Over time, or as necessary, assists Production team by attending press checks to oversee final stage of production process.
5. Acts as liaison to color separator, tracking receipt and approval of color proofs, collecting and distributing lo-res files to designers, scheduling pickups and deliveries.
6. Schedules proofing appointments for viewing artwork both within the museum and with external venues/lenders.
7. Creates and tracks contracts for external photographers and designers.
8. At close of projects, coordinates receipt of all final files from printers and color separators. Maintains archive of past projects. Creates and distributes hi-res PDFs of finished publications for publicity, exhibition use, and marketing.
9. Helps review copy for distributor’s sales catalogue and other marketing materials for physical description of books, specifications, prices, etc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the graphic arts, photography, art history, or similar field. Knowledge of Adobe CC required. Professional experience with digital imaging, publication design, color management, and offset printing preferred.