Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people — momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, G&A is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, San Francisco, Washington DC, and Singapore, G&A brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
G&A is a growing, dynamic firm that offers exciting opportunities for career advancement while working with a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals.
Our Silver Spring Studio is looking for a highly motivated for a diversely talented Project Manager to join our team, who will be responsible for managing exhibit design projects from concept through installation.
The Project Manager is the primary point of contact between the design teams and client and is responsible for the coordination of internal and external project teams, creation and oversight of exhibit schedule and budget, and confirmation of contractual scope and deliverables per the signed contract. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader that can quickly adapt to a shifting environment while maintaining G&A standards and procedures.
As a member of this diverse group, you will work collaboratively with internal physical and digital design teams, consultants, and clients from renowned museums, corporations, universities, and governmental organizations. As part of this team, your responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project while maintaining adherence to contracted scope and G&A project management procedures
- Identify staffing resources needed on a project-by-project basis
- Work with other project leaders to assign and track individual responsibilities
- Develop cost estimates to ensure design falls within client’s exhibit project budget
- Facilitate full team communication by running internal and external meetings effectively, resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion, documenting and tracking decisions, approvals, and action items from meeting and calls, and managing G&A subcontractors to ensure seamless integration of all design aspects; consultants include architects, historians, writers, fabricators, media producers, general contractors, AV systems designers, lighting designers, etc.
- Minimize G&A exposure and risk on a project
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Maintain internal project financial documentation, including:
- Tracking and reporting G&A internal team hours and expenses
- Analyzing project profitability and revenue with CFO/controller
- Coordinates billing, accrual schedules, and invoice payments with G&A controller
- Following up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- Assuring exhibit project subcontractor documents are completed and signed
- Assist with business development activities for new pursuits
- Identify additional service opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- Effectively convey G&A message in both written and verbal business opportunity discussions
- Manage client expectations by educating on project and G&A process, maintaining regular communication, and establishing a review and approval process
- Maintain a technical understanding of exhibit and museum development including design, graphic design, and exhibit fabrication
- Maintain familiarity with museum industry standards: AAM guidelines, ADA compliance, operational strategies
- 3 – 5 years in exhibit/architecture, professional design or creative services, or management consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
We are a human-centered office who value:
- Team-Oriented Workplace
- Work-Life as much as Home-life
- Multi-Disciplinary Interests
Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off (PTO), Company Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Employee Referral Bonus Program, PPO Medical Plan, Dental Plan, Summer Fridays
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org