SAINT LOUIS ART MUSEUM
LEARNING & ENGAGEMENT
JOB TITLE: Associate Educator, Digital Interpretation, Exempt, Grade J
JOB PURPOSE: To develop and implement meaningful, multi-sensory digital learning content and experiences for Museum visitors onsite and online.
REPORTS TO: Head of Engagement and Interpretation
SUPERVISES: Contract staff, interns and volunteers
SPECIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in art or art history, education, digital communications, user experience design, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
MINIMUM OF RANGE: $48,807
Three or more years of digital engagement experience and/or interpretation in a professional museum or related educational/interpretive environment.
Demonstrated ability in the development of digital content for a variety of audiences. Familiarity with current best practices in art interpretation, and digital educational trends.
Experience with user testing, data collection, and evaluation of digital learning.
Proven ability to successfully handle several projects simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines. Capable of balancing long-range planning with ongoing implementation of near-term projects.
Must be able to work collaboratively and proactively with diverse colleagues, collaborators, and have a strong rapport with a range of stakeholders.
Required: excellent listening, speaking, and written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and Content Management System (WordPress or other). Preferred: video and audio production experience; proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premiere, Audition, XD); Collections Management System (TMS preferred); Digital Asset Management System (Piction preferred); Analytics and Reporting (Google Analytics, SurveyMonkey).
DUTIES, WORK PERFORMED:
- Responsible for the research, development, implementation, and evaluation of digital interpretation initiatives for Museum visitors onsite and online. Develop content and provide support to Learning and Engagement staff, internal collaborators, and external partners to achieve visitor learning outcomes.
- Inventory and review existing interpretive content on slam.org, in gallery, and archived elsewhere, and update as appropriate.
- Manage development of special exhibition audio guides, interpretive videos, and other digital interpretive elements.
- Review and update web extended text fields for on view and online records in TMS.
- Support efforts to expand the production of accessible interpretive materials.
- Regularly evaluate and report on digital learning initiatives.
- Manage budget, supervise interns, volunteers, and contract staff related to digital interpretation projects.
- Train docents on delivery of digital initiatives related to group touring.
- Collaborate with Development, Marketing, Audience Development, and Visitor and Member Services to promote and communicate digital learning opportunities to current and potential audiences, donors, sponsors, and others.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, projects, and initiatives and contribute to Museum-wide projects as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The above statements of this job description describe the general duties and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They do not claim to describe all of the functions of this position. Employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions may be changed from time to time.