DIRECT LINK TO APPLY: https://www.childrensmuseum.org/about/join-our-team/employment
The Seasonal Box Office Sales Assistant is part of the team of competent staff who provide high quality customer service at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Box Office. The Sales Assistant inputs payments and customer data, quickly and accurately. Maintains and updates the ticketing software database. The incumbents act as customer service liaison to Museum visitors and members. The Assistant is courteous at all times to visitors, patrons and fellow staff. She/he demonstrates flexibility and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Provides exceptional service in daily, extensive face-to-face contact with museum guests. Remains approachable at all times to visitors, staff and volunteers; monitors for guests who may need assistance. Amicably resolves matters with dissatisfied guests. Recognizes and reports visitor trends.
- Using admissions software, accurately and efficiently sells products to guests including admission tickets, membership sales, renewals, upgrades, account maintenance, special event tickets, ticket will call and member card replacements. Enthusiastically promotes items to increase museum revenue opportunities, and delivers exceptional service when assisting customers with visit planning and/or other needs.
- Using admissions software, accurately and efficiently enters customer demographic data including. Maintains data entry standards as defined by the museum and ensures that complete customer information is entered. Upholds data privacy standards as outlined in museum policy.
- Actively suggestive sells museum memberships to box office customers. Able to explain program benefits and make proactive suggestions based on key indicators. Collaboratively meets all box office team monthly membership sales goals.
- Remains knowledgeable of operational procedures and museum information. Remains aware of the proper resources to maintain excellent product knowledge in order to best assist visitors. Delivers exceptional service when assisting customers with ticket purchases, membership assistance, visit planning and other needs.
- Follows cash handling standards throughout shift. Balances own user cash drawer at the end of the shift and follows cash handling procedures at all times. Completes data entry for membership and projects as assigned accurately and quickly following established data entry and privacy standards.
- Is trained in basic Visitor Services and Customer Service Center operations and is cross-utilized in those areas as needed.
- Works within a cohesive team of staff in an open, public space. Dependability, consistently positive attitude and organization skills required.
- Participates in opening day performances and wears costume pieces as part of uniform to promote exhibits and marketing strategies.
The Children’s Museum is open six to seven days per week. The Sports Legends Experience is open from mid-March through October. Seasonal Box Office Sales Assistants are required to work a flexible and varying schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Proven experience in box office, customer service, retail, or sales; and the ability to demonstrate examples of success or achievement within that experience.
- Practice with handling cash in a heavy traffic situation and the skills for accurately accounting for those moneys. One year of experience preferred.
- The skills to effectively and efficiently handle customer questions and concerns with the proper resources.
- Must acknowledge the importance of security of cash and other moneys, and the systems in place to monitor that security.
- The ability to consistently maintain a positive and friendly relationship with customers and other staff.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and occasional staff meetings.
- Must be able to visually track and exchange money and view computer monitor.
- Requires the ability to communicate via telephone, one-on-one with visitors to receive and/or relay information and the ability to communicate in a high traffic or noisy environment.
- Requires the ability to hear staff and guests to respond quickly to their information, questions, or concerns. Ability to hear tones to respond to staff and guests calls and radio traffic.
- Requires the dexterity handle cash, use a computer keyboard, phone, ticket printer, handle cash, etc.
- Requires the ability to quickly negotiate various spaces throughout the museum, sit or stand for long periods of time; lift up to 30 lbs and tolerate dust in the environment and extreme temperatures and humidity in the outdoor environment.
*Special consideration given to bi-lingual, Spanish speaking individuals.