DIRECT LINK TO APPLY: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CHI1023/JobBoard/6f16dad2-aeb7-b3ae-7e8c-63d0684114fc/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=638fe81c-ff2e-46f7-98f4-ca87fed47dee
The Visitor Services/Security Assistant provides exceptional customer service and general security support to all guest and visitors of The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. The Assistant is responsible for greeting, engaging, assisting and accommodating a positive service experience at designated customer touch-points throughout the museum building, the outdoor Sports Legends Experience, and campus. The incumbent works during public hours, Infozone (library) hours and afterhours events. The VS/Security Assistant, as part of the front-line services team, upholds the museum’s exceptional customer service standards of safety, courtesy, show, cleanliness and efficiency.
- Provides exceptional service in face-to-face contact with museum visitors. Is trained and adheres to the museum customer service standards in the carrying out of daily post and work assignments. Exhibits a positive professional demeanor with those who he/she interacts.
- Represents the VS and Security team through the execution of job duties and post assignments including but not limited to: garage greeter, cross walk, SLE Host, school arrival, parking assistant, Welcome Center check-in, Welcome Center greeting assistance, coat check, entry gates, and lower level ticket booth.
- Facilitates and controls the operations of the museum Carousel by emceeing rides and ensuring that all safety standards are maintained with regards to visitors.
- Ensures visitor and campus security through observation, the timely reporting of concerns or incidents, providing crowd control, performing emergency assistance (CPR/AED, fire extinguishers andevacuation/relocation),and reuniting lost children and adults.
- Proactively seeks up-to-date information to remain knowledgeable of museum daily operations and activities, way-finding and emergency protocols.
- Welcomes and orients guests and proactively promotes daily museum events, programming, and the sale of memberships.
- Uses software to record admission tickets and member attendance, provide theater tickets and conduct sales at coat check/stroller rental adhering to cash handling procedures. Follows museum defined data entry standards.
- Demonstrates good judgment in dealing with customer recovery situations. Recognizes and reports visitor trends.
- Participates in opening day performances and wears costume pieces as part of uniform to promote exhibits and marketing strategies.
- Maintains a solid attendance record and adhere to the Standards and Expectations manual at all times.
The Children’s Museum is open six to seven days per week. The Sports Legends Experience is open from mid-March through October. VS/Security Assistants are required to work a flexible and varying schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- GED or high school diploma.
- One (1) year of proven experience in customer service and knowledge of security and emergency protocols.
- CPR / AED certified or have the ability to be certified in 6 months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must enjoy constant interaction with people and have the ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner, even under high-stress situations.
- Technology literacy; must possess data entry skills and the ability to handle and reconcile cash.
- Professionalism, and the capacity to maintain a positive working relationship with a large team of diverse staff and volunteers.
- Must be able to work weekends and available on holidays and evening shifts.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outside in all weather conditions.
*Special consideration given to those applicants who are multi-lingual.
- Must be able to perform extensive work in indoor and outdoor environments, to perceive space, to read documents and diagrams and to view computer monitor.
- Must be able to communicate through projecting voice and varying tone. Team and group dialog required for communication of plans and concepts.
- Must be able to sit, stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of time frequently in costume or uniform. Must be able to negotiate pedestrian travel throughout the museum physical plant and campus.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 45 pounds of weight, tolerate dust in the indoor environment and extreme temperatures, and humidity in the outdoor environment.