The Metropolitan Museum of Art collects, studies, conserves, and presents significant works of art across all times and cultures in order to connect people to creativity, knowledge, and ideas.
The Met presents over 5,000 years of art from around the world for everyone to experience and enjoy. The Museum lives in three iconic sites in New York City—The Met Fifth Avenue, The Met Breuer, and The Met Cloisters. Since it was founded in 1870, The Met has always aspired to be more than a treasury of rare and beautiful objects. Every day, art comes alive in the Museum’s galleries and through its exhibitions and events, revealing both new ideas and unexpected connections across time and across cultures.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
The Digital department at The Metropolitan Museum of Art (“The Met”) is seeking a talented Senior Digital Analyst, who is passionate about the intersection of art and technology, and ready to push the needle in the digital analytics program for one of the most digitally active and high-profile cultural institutions in the world.
In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Digital Content and content producers to support an evidence-based and user-data informed strategy for the Museum’s content and user-experience. The Senior Digital Analyst will help to explore new ways to measure success, combining data and analytics by way of qualitative user testing and sentiment analysis to help measure the range of impact and relationship-building metrics of the Museum’s content.
If you flourish under a collaborative environment, are a creative thinker, data fanatic, museum-nerd, and anticipate questions before they are asked, then this is the opportunity for you.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 3-Year Position
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Develop measurement approaches for evaluating the performance and success of content published on The Met’s digital channels and partners
- Formulate and facilitate in user research to aid in strategic planning for the content team
- Analyze multi-platform content performance to provide actionable, easily understandable recommendations
- Generate automated self-service dashboards (GDS, Tableau, Supermetrics) that provides benchmark to stakeholders
- Support the ongoing development of a data-informed content strategy using data insights and analysis
- Be instrumental in supporting the digital department’s mission to advancing access the encyclopedic collection to a global audience
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years of analytic, business intelligence or data engineering experience
- Experience with Google Analytics (reporting, AB testing) and social / video /audio analytics
- Ability to create a story with data and communicate in an effective digestible fashion
- Data visualization skills highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in presenting findings and strategic insights to a wide range of internal stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity and desire to succeed
Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Communication) requiring the ability to construct structured tests and analyze results
- Knowledge of Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other data visualization tool (knowledge of programming language is a plus)
To view the full role description Click Here