Creative Senior Digital Content Writer and Producer wanted – come work with the content, publishing, and branding team at the National Gallery of Art!
Apply and see complete information at USAJOBS: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/675249100
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Are you a great content writer, storyteller, and digital producer who loves art and culture? Do you want to make it your mission to connect art with everyone’s potential to be creatively inspired? We need you!
The role involves managing the development, writing, editorial, production, and publishing functions for digital content. The position reports to the chief content officer on the staff of the museum’s deputy director.
What you’ll do:
- Write and produce great digital content in support of the National Gallery’s mission and the strategic goal to be a national resource for art and creativity.
- Develop and implement new website content initiatives, make strategic recommendations, and develop appropriate plans, specifications, and metrics for success.
- Develop digital content related to the permanent collections, exhibitions, and other museum activities.
- Conduct background research on subject areas and develop content plans.
- Conduct interviews and write compelling scripts for storytelling experiences.
- Lead discovery meetings and content planning sessions with curators, educators, and other subject matter experts.
- Manage day-to-day functions for digital content, including pitching new ideas, integrating talent with appropriate projects, leveraging content to amplify institutional goals, and collaborating with other producers and communicators.
- Act as a content lead within projects to provide guidance to other writers, project managers, and the internal team.
- Work closely with the editorial director, brand creative director, head of content delivery, and product leads to support the development of content strategies and ensure that content, creative, and digital media come together to engage target audiences in a rich user experience.
- Report on key project performance indicators for growing, engaging, and retaining audiences on digital platforms.
- Serve as internal resource and expert around digital content.
- Other related duties as assigned.