- Are you ready to take on a new challenge and make a difference?
- Put your skills to work at a leading cultural institution managing the development and presentation of digital products including websites, online content and in-gallery interactives
- Exciting ongoing opportunity with favourable work life balance at Ultimo location
The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) is an executive agency of the New South Wales State Government. Embodying the best of design ingenuity and innovation, the Museum profiles one of the world’s great collections and is a highly successful interdisciplinary institution that sits at the intersection of the arts, design, science and technology and plays a critical role in supporting the brand and vision of the city.
The Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta is one of the largest cultural infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Australia. The project will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions and carry forward its legacy to reflect the changing needs of the contemporary communities of NSW. A key element of the project will involve the design of the future visitor experience, onsite and across digital channels.
The Digital Engagement team’s purpose is to enhance visitor experience through innovative digital services. Visitor interactions with the Museum involve many digital touch points, ranging from discovering what’s on offer, exploring digital experiences in our exhibitions, accessing the Museum’s online collection and visiting our key venues – The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and the Museum Discovery Centre.
As a Senior Digital Producer, you will be responsible for product management of the museum’s digital and online projects. This includes project management and creative development of the MAAS website, online collection and in-gallery digital experiences.
Key highlights of the role:
- Play a leading role in the user experience design, development and iteration of the museum’s digital products including the MAAS website, in-gallery experiences and online content.
- Effectively combine digital product and project management skills to deliver high quality outcomes for the Museum’s online and onsite visitors
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners to create and publish quality content that supports the Museum’s vision and strategic plan.
- High-level digital product and project management experience working closely with a technical team to effectively manage iterative development of web applications.
- Demonstrated experience with web and online publishing workflows including using content management systems.
- Experience producing innovative and creative web content that effectively interprets project goals and messages on time and on budget.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively across the organisation, managing multiple projects and working with internal and external agencies as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and support project proposals, specifications, reporting documents, as required,
- Experience effectively using project management software such as MS Project, JIRA, Asana, Trello, etc.
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics; passionate about the use of of web-metrics to monitor and meet goals.
To view the full role description Click Here
Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact Arul Baskaran on 02 9217 0480
If you encounter technical issues please contact I Work for NSW Support Team on 1800 562 679 (Mon-Fri) or email@example.com
The Museum of Applied Arts & Sciences welcomes applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with a disability. If you have individual requirements that need to be accommodated in order to participate in the selection process and join the Museum, please indicate this in your application.
The successful applicant is required to undergo, and for new employees meet the cost of a National Police Records Check and a Working with Children Check, and be assessed as suitable.