This iconic cultural institution is looking for a Senior Front End Developer to design and develop digital services and products with a clear focus on audience needs. They require strong front-end skills and experience and will drive the adoption of component-based architecture and UX/UI pattern libraries to build accessible, performant, and responsive websites and in-gallery digital interactives. The person in this role will apply their development skills to create templating systems, design build pipelines and integrate with source-of-truth Gallery systems such as content and collection management.
The Senior Front-end Developer will use their creative technology background to present art in an inclusive and considered way that meets the needs of audience and staff alike. They will be an advocate for innovation in the application of technology within the Gallery.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in developing accessible, performant, secure and responsive websites and digital products.
- Experience with implementing, configuring and maintaining content management systems, in particular using headless or decoupled architectures.
- Experience integrating with databases, products and services using APIs and other methods.
- Experience with prototyping, end-to-end testing and iterative design and development of products using modular, component-based patterns.
- Ability to work with third-party developers as well as work within, and contribute to, coding, comment and commit standards, conventions and styles.
- High-level communication and documentation skills including requirements gathering and user needs analysis.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritise to meet deadlines.
To apply and obtain additional information regarding the Museum and the position, please visit our jobs site: https://iworkfor.nsw.gov.au/job/senior-front-end-developer-188967