Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Gather Learning
Gather empowers the world’s best education institutions, including museums and lifelong learning institutions, to better serve their audiences digitally. In the same way that they have crafted connective & interactive experiences in-person, these organizations want to build a complementary digital space to expand their access and impact. We are in the early days of what can be done to create a sense of connection and community online. We have built a product that allows any education institution to easily build & manage a digital home for all of their audiences. In doing so, we are creating a way to connect communities of lifelong learners to the best educational providers.
What we’re looking for:
Gather is looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer to help us build the future of social enrichment learning. You will be in charge of building, testing & shipping full-stack features for users as we iterate towards product-market fit. You’ll work directly with the founding team to deliver features for our users and have a direct hand in the company building as we grow. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of lifelong learning.
- Own features through the entire product development lifecycle. Model, implement & test solutions for our users.
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering, Scott, and Founding Engineer, Ryan, to grow as an engineer in pursuit of craftsmanship.
Shape our Culture
- You’ll be a key player in the culture that we cultivate.
- You will apply & improve on the engineering principles that guide us sprint by sprint.
- Apply the latest engineering tools & patterns to deliver quickly without compromising on quality.
- Professional experience as a software engineer (minimum 5 years).
- Growth mindset—looking to level up.
You might excel at this role if you:
- Are an entrepreneurial software engineer.
- Are fluent in our stack (TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node.js).
- Have first-hand experience building multiple web products from scratch.
- Have a passion for museums, education and lifelong learning.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
How to apply:
Does this role sound like a good fit? Let’s chat!
- Fill this out application
- Send along anything (links, resume, blurbs) that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built.
$125-175K, with 0.25-0.5% equity