Gather empowers the world’s best education institutions, including museums and lifelong learning institutions, to better serve their audiences digitally. In the same way that they have crafted connective & interactive experiences in-person, these organizations want to build a complementary digital space to expand their access and impact. We are in the early days of what can be done to create a sense of connection and community online. We have built a product that allows any education institution to easily build & manage a digital home for all of their audiences. In doing so, we are creating a way to connect communities of lifelong learners to the best educational providers.
What we’re looking for:
Gather is looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer to help us build the future of social enrichment learning. You will be in charge of building, testing & shipping full-stack features for users as we iterate towards product-market fit. You’ll work directly with the founding team to deliver features for our users and have a direct hand in the company building as we grow. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of lifelong learning.
- Own features through the entire product development lifecycle. Model, implement & test solutions for our users.
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering, Scott, and Founding Engineer, Ryan, to grow as an engineer in pursuit of craftsmanship.
Shape our Culture
- You’ll be a key player in the culture that we cultivate.
- You will apply & improve on the engineering principles that guide us sprint by sprint.
- Apply the latest engineering tools & patterns to deliver quickly without compromising on quality.
- Professional experience as a software engineer (minimum 5 years).
- Growth mindset—looking to level up.
You might excel at this role if you:
- Are an entrepreneurial software engineer.
- Are fluent in our stack (TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node.js).
- Have first-hand experience building multiple web products from scratch.
- Have a passion for museums, education and lifelong learning.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
How to apply:
Does this role sound like a good fit? Let’s chat!
- Fill this out application
- Send along anything (links, resume, blurbs) that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built.
$125-175K, with 0.25-0.5% equity