We are looking for a talented Senior Manager of UX Design who will help transform how our department continuously improves the department’s digital products to capitalize on opportunities presented by the rising influence of mobile technologies and a significant shift in the way that people are consuming digital content today. Our product teams are focused on delivering the best digital experiences in the sector, across mobile, desktop, in-gallery and beyond: we are looking for a creative, inspirational leader to drive execution of UX and UI design across these products.
The Senior Manager of UX Design will be responsible for product design across a range of high-profile products, leading and growing a small team of designers to create and implement UX work with various product teams and across devices, platforms and physical spaces. You will partner with product owners and project stakeholders and collaborate with engineering talent to define, design and deploy new products and features.
The Senior Manager of UX Design will also provide strategic oversight to MediaLab. MediaLab is an R&D hub within the museum that explores, pilots and prototypes emerging technologies within the museum context. It is an instrumental forum for the Met to imagine many ways in which emerging technologies can shape a better experience for the Museum and its visitors in the short, mid- and long-term future.
The role requires a broad knowledge of design and development processes, current visual design and prototyping tools, excellent communication skills, and project management skills. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of the cultural sector and mission-based institutions. The candidate must have a proven track record of strong mentoring and communication skills, strong visual and interaction skills and the ability to help shape product strategy in order to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of a large organization. The ideal candidate is an expert in UX and UI design, and is passionate about bringing next-generation services to life. This role will report to the Chief Digital Officer.
- Manage and lead the design of new products and features that are thoughtful, beautiful, and usable.
- Lead the development of a shared set of best practices, standards, and design guidelines that are consistent with the brand guidelines
- Provide strategic oversight to MediaLab
- Create optimal work culture for product success and continuous improvement
- Mentor and manage a small team of designers. Recruit new designers and actively participate in the hiring process
- Establish and advance design research and exploration, rapid experience prototyping and agile design principles
- Set realistic but ambitious goals based on design velocity and increase product design team’s output
- Work with teams to prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
- Work closely with Product Owners and Engineers on moving a product or feature from idea to public release.
- Foster cohesion and synergy between the Product, Design, Content Production, Data Management and Engineering teams
- Interface regularly with the Digital Department Leadership team to share learningsQUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years of professional experience in UX design
- 3+ years of managing a design team
- Success managing output and mentoring talent in a high-growth environment
- An exceptional portfolio of UX and visual design work both as an individual contributor and a team leader
- A track record of shipping and iterating on products at a rapid pace
- Deep understanding of limitations and opportunities designing applications for interactive experiences, including mobile, web or physical installations.
- Immersed in current technologies with an innate understanding of popular interactive application stacks
- Fantastically strong written communication skills, from intra-team communication to great user-facing copy
contact : email@example.com