The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are looking for a creative and passionate Social Media Coordinator to join our dynamic team. A storyteller at heart, you will be responsible for bringing the de Young and the Legion of Honor to life on social media through content that is welcoming, inspiring, accessible, fun, and relatable for our communities.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Social Media, you will play a crucial role in growing engagement and awareness of our Museums, actively engaging with our online audiences, creating original content, and promoting our collections, exhibitions, and programs. We are looking for a self-starter, with a strong understanding of social media trends and excellent communication skills, who is genuinely passionate about art and our unique San Francisco community.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of FAMSF’s social media accounts (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, LinkedIn, Threads, X).
- Maintain the social media editorial calendar (media and copy) with input from the Senior Manager of Social Media.
- Craft copy and source images for every post.
- Generate videos via mobile phone and edit content via in-app and other tools (Instagram, TikTok).
- Identify opportunities to produce original content and series. Partner with video production and graphic design teams to produce gifs, animations, short videos, and other creative assets.
- Implement the overarching museum social media strategy; originate and execute content on multiple channels.
- Strengthen relationship with our audiences by responding promptly to questions and comments in our institutional tone and voice across all social media channels.
- Be an internal leader on social creative best practices and ever-evolving digital trends on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Threads, Facebook, and X.
- Track analytics to monitor performance of social media channels. Prepare periodic reports that detail key metrics and make recommendations on strategy pivots based on findings.
- Assist Senior Manager of Social Media with influencer strategy and partnerships to grow our online audiences.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across departments to bring the in-gallery experience to life online.
- Capture content at the de Young and Legion of Honor as needed. This includes after hours events identified by the Senior Social Media Manager.
- Embrace and express the Museums’ core values of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in art history, communications, social or digital media, or a related field preferred.
Work Experience: At least three years of work experience in the social media/digital communications field. Experience with nonprofits or in the visual arts field is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Excellent project management skills
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with a variety of stakeholders
- Understanding of social media analytics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to seamlessly juggle changing circumstances and competing priorities
- Knowledge of photo and video editing softwares
- Discretion to handle confidential information
- Absolute attention to detail
- Availability to work occasional nights and weekends
COFAM is committed to advancing career opportunities for a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent, centering equity and inclusion across all aspects of our recruitment strategy.
Union: The starting rate for this role is $27.23 per hour. This rate is step 1 of a 7 step union pay scale.
This is a union position eligible for the Museums’ benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance plus a generous time off package.
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 19, 2023
If you require an alternative method of completing this application please contact email@example.com.
We recommend all new COFAM employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 but this is no longer required. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Comprising the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor in Lincoln Park, we are the largest public arts institution in the City of San Francisco and one of the largest art museums in the United States. The de Young, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and located in Golden Gate Park, showcases American art from the 17th through the 21st centuries, international contemporary art, textiles and costumes, and art from the Americas, the Pacific, and Africa. The Legion of Honor displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art including Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker and houses the Achenbach Foundation