Media & Technology Department
Full time, 37.5 hours/week, Union Position
Remote Work Arrangements will be considered
Salary Range: $41.00 – 46.00 per hour depending on qualifications
Sustain and grow software development and infrastructure support practices at Mia. Manage day-to-day software development and contribute directly to the code base. Work collaboratively across the organization to deliver effective solutions.
In this role, you will…
· Design and contribute to the coding of systems and products, including digital content, business systems, and backend systems integration.
· In collaboration with management, the software development team, and internal stakeholders, decide upon and communicate the goals, requirements, technologies, and targeted milestones for all software products and initiatives.
· Provide ongoing support of products, systems, and services that have been developed by staff at Mia, including change management, infrastructure configuration, refactoring, software fixes, and monitoring.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of software development, information technology, and internet/mobile technologies.
· College degree in computer science, computer programming, and/or equivalent work experience.
· Significant experience (typically 4 years or more) in software development and/or website development.
· Applied experience with Agile methodology preferred.
· Required, critical skills for this position:
- Databases: Redis or other NoSQL DBs, MySQL, MSSQL
- Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu), Windows
· Additional knowledge and experience considered a plus:
- AWS: EC2, CloudFront, s3, SES
- Ruby on Rails, WordPress
- Networking technology (DNS, Firewalls, IPSec, TLS/SSL)
- Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code
- Salesforce, especially Apex programming language
- Scripting for automated tasks, or configuration tools (Ansible, Apache Airflow)
You’re good at and enjoy…
· Recognizing the value in others’ unique perspectives.
· Knowing your success is directly related to visitor satisfaction.
· Setting challenging goals and achieving them.
· Taking advantage of promising opportunities.
Who We Are
We are enthusiastic advocates of the mission. We understand that our work is interconnected, and communication is key to accomplishing it. We value multiple perspectives, knowing that diverse viewpoints yield valuable insight. We seek to learn and grow. We value self-awareness and are conscious of our effect on others. We each strive to bring positivity to our work and show it in our own way.
We at the Minneapolis Institute of Art aim to be an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. To achieve this aim, we are Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive. We endeavor to create a workplace culture where we are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to ourselves to do our best work.
· Medical and dental insurance availability
· Paid vacation, sick, and family leave
· Free tickets to many museum events and exhibitions
· Monthly all staff meetings to keep you informed about the museum and its goals, showcase
· division/department work and celebrate wins.
· Multi-Faith Prayer + Contemplation Space available to all staff and volunteers
· Nursing and lactation spaces
· 10% discount at Mia’s Agra Café and the Store at Mia
· Tuition reimbursement for specified course/degree work
· Free or discounted continuing education courses at Mia
· Metro Transit and Nice Ride discounts
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the online application at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Posting Deadline: Open until filled, priority deadline April 2, 2021.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER