The Phillips Collection is seeking a Special Events and Gala Manager.
The Phillips Collection, America’s First Museum of Modern Art, is one of the premier collections of Impressionist, modern, and contemporary art. Created by the visionary collector Duncan Phillips when he opened his home to the public in 1921, the museum’s intimate environment encourages people to make personal connections with art. Its permanent collection contains more than 5,000 works. The museum organizes numerous traveling exhibitions that expand scholarship and, combined with an active lending program, makes its works available to audiences throughout the world. The museum also produces some of the industry’s most effective and in-depth education programs for teachers and students. Its long-standing music program attracts top classical performers. The Phillips Collection is a privately-supported, not-for-profit organization that raises over 75% of its annual budget through contributions and earned revenue.
The Special Events and Gala Manager supports the Director of Special Events in the management of all internal and external events and is responsible for primary aspects of the execution of the Annual Gala and Contemporaries Bash.
- College Degree; 3 years of special event experience desired
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Creative, energetic, positive and goal oriented
- Maturity, confidence, and presence to be able to work effectively with donors, senior executives, vendors, volunteers, and museum Trustees and staff on all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook (required), iContact (preferred) and Altru (preferred)
- Willing and able to work additional hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Knowledge of special event protocol and etiquette required
- An appreciation of the visual arts
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements within cover letter when applying to https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/employment
The Phillips Collection is an equal opportunity employer and administers all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.