The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
We are seeking a Special Projects Coordinator to provide critical fundraising support for the Walker’s annual fund, programs, projects, events, and special initiatives. Strong communication and writing skills are required to persuasively convey the Walker’s mission, and the impact of programming to corporate partners and potential donors.
Responsibilities include: Conduct prospect research; develop compelling proposals and reports; coordinate letters of agreement and contracts, acknowledgements, invoicing, payments, and recordkeeping; coordinate recognition, benefits fulfillment, and tracking; manage and steward a portfolio of corporate partners as assigned; manage special events for corporate and foundation partners; manage sponsorship logistics; and assist with other responsibilities/initiatives as needed.
- Full-time (35 hours), Non-exempt, some evenings and weekends required
- Salary $38k-45k dependent on experience; excellent benefits package; generous 403(b)
- Walker membership, museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
- 1-3 years of related experience in nonprofit fundraising, corporate relations/sponsorship, philanthropy, and/or relevant setting.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to synthesize information and communicate clearly and persuasively.
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; proven ability to clearly communicate to a wide range of individuals from varied backgrounds.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills are essential
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.), Adobe, research resources, proposal submission engines, and donor databases.
- Experience conducting research and developing proposals.
- Solid proven organizational skills including project management and event planning/management.
- Ability and judgment to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with Minnesota and/or national corporate communities.
- Familiarity with Arts and Culture funders.
- Tessitura experience.
- Wordfly experience.
To apply visit walkerart.hiringthing.com/job/225411/special-projects-coordinator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position; they do not purport to describe all functions of the position. Walker employees may be assigned other duties and the essential functions of the position may change or be changed with or without notice.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.