The Florida Museum of Natural History, University of Florida, Gainesville Florida USA, is seeking a Desktop Support Lead/Helpdesk Manager. Please see job posting at: https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/53592
The Florida Museum of Natural History is looking for a Desktop Support Lead (TEAMS).
– Supervise the activities of the FLMNH computing help desk
– Perform all aspects of desktop computer support in a networked environment
– Act as Technology Purchasing and Software Licensing Liaison
– Develop scripts to automate repetitive processes
– Software patching, upgrades, and security updates
– Think independently while functioning as part of the team
– Active Directory management
– Participate in short and long-term IT planning with Office of Museum technology management staff
– Create Museum Technology Polices and Procedures as needed
– Assist IT Security Manager is securing computer workstations
The IT Tech Support Lead position functions as part of a team that provides desktop support to 300 Windows and Apple computers. This position may supervise one or more tech support TEAMS or OPS positions, and will be responsible for technology purchasing, software licensing, end user training and writing technical documentation. Preferred candidates will have MCSA, MCSE or equivalent certification, and will be proficient in both Windows and Mac environments. Required to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
We have a casual work environment. All individuals are expected to manage their own workloads without close supervision. This position is expected to interact as a peer with the rest of the IT staff and must be able to make and implement decisions that may affect the web site and computing at the museum. Must be able to initiate new projects and lead them to 100% completion.
More info at: https://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/53592