Space Center Houston is seeking a Vice President of Information Technology and Systems to lead the evaluation, design, implementation and management of the company’s technology systems. Oversight includes all onsite and offsite operational systems, information security, data quality/analytics, research and reporting, website infrastructure support, application support, telecommunications, hardware infrastructure, management of vendor relationships and integration of new facilities as it pertains to Information Technology and Information Systems.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and overseeing a team of 10 IT and AV specialists, the successful candidate will guide the organization to explore and implement innovative and forward-moving technologies. Candidates should be fluent in current and emerging hardware and software trends in an attraction or cultural campus setting with a heavy bias on customer service for staff and visitors.
The role requires a technology leader who: collaborates to drive culture, vision, and innovative technologies; completes projects on-time, on-target and on-budget; demonstrates a commitment to quality and excellent customer service; has the ability to see the big picture of our business applications and infrastructure; and can delegate, build consensus, create accountability and drive for results. Responsibilities and qualifications are shown below:
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead all aspects of Information Technology (IT), the systems that run on them, the data that is stored and managed by them, and the visitor experiences that are delivered by them.
- Accountable for a high-performing computing infrastructure company wide, including planning and management of computer operations and support, systems and database administration, business continuity and network operations, budgeting, information security and data privacy.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop strategic and tactical solutions for IT and Information Systems that support our strategic plan, facilities master plan and master interpretive plan.
- Develop a sustainable technical roadmap for future technology infrastructure and ensure delivery of supportable technology solutions that align with institutional plans and needs.
- Collaborate with leadership to lead the IT team to evolve and modernize the IT infrastructure and business processes to support a growing organization in an increasingly digital world.
- Ensure that operational processes including application support and development, system administration, helpdesk, security, telecommunications, and audio-visual are run efficiently, delivering reliable and timely customer service.
- Serve as a key point of contact to manage and build relationships with the company’s IT vendors.
- Audit and recommend improvements as needed to maintain sound processes to track hardware inventory and software licenses.
- Ensure cost-effective design, development, integration, implementation, testing, and maintenance of new services, equipment and systems in support of business needs and requirements.
- Develop and lead a high performing IT team to ensure the reliable delivery of IT services and operations. Drive a collaborative culture that values technical depth, accountability, and customer service.
- Oversee cybersecurity protections on all IT infrastructure resources according to policies and standards.
- Implement and maintain controls and monitoring procedures to ensure availability of critical systems and minimal service interruptions.
- Operate as an integral part of an executive management team, contributing in all areas of Information and Systems Technology.
- Manage and deploy a team of IT specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related field. MBA or MS preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in the field of Information and/or Systems Technology with a minimum of seven (7+) years in a managerial/leadership IT role.
- Possess a strategic approach to Information Technology and Information Systems, and the ability to maintain progress towards established goals and objectives.
- Increasing responsibility in a technical role that covers server, desktop, network and cloud operations, including hands-on roles with the design, building and running of those systems or environments.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills; exceptional written and oral communications skills and excellent organizational skills.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and supporting direct reports into new roles and opportunities.
Possess business acumen and the ability to work across organizational components to integrate Information
- Technology across all areas.
- Experience presenting strategic plans and budgets to boards and executive leadership.
- Experience in creating high-performing teams to meet changing business requirements.
- Experience in managing outsourced vendors and consultants to fill skill gaps or project-based work delivery.
- Availability for business travel as needed.
Space Center Houston is an equal opportunity employer. It has a diverse and inclusive work culture with a creative, fun, and collaborative environment.
Space Center Houston offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For full details and to apply: Visit our website at www.spacecenter.org/careers. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (281) 244-2150.