This job is a great opportunity for a designer with a focus on UI/UX to work on a unique array of projects with high public visibility, for a dynamic museum dedicated to welcoming all. You will be responsible for maintaining our design standards across all digital media, including our website and ticketing site, in-gallery digital interactives, mobile applications, digital signage, and electronic communications. The designer will manage the website on a daily basis, ensuring that content is current and the user experience is positive.
This position will report to and work with the Senior Digital Developer, who sets project and task priorities. He or she will work alongside in-house graphic designers to ensure consistency between museum website and related brand materials. You’ll be a part of a highly-collaborative, energetic, upbeat Communications team, committed to advancing the museum as a cause for social good and a positive force for cultural development.
Principal Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Design wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Develop digital content and graphics by coordinating with digital media and communications team members, including copywriters and graphic designers; design images, icons, banners, etc.
- Daily management of website content, ensuring all is current and accurate
- Organize information architecture and site navigation for CrystalBridges.org
- Adhere to the brand standards of the organization and the creative direction set by Communications/Digital Media team
- Develop responsive/adaptive designs and engage in testing across browsers, screen sizes, platforms and orientation
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review and revise plans for digital communications
- Establish and promote digital design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Maintain SEO and analytics goals
- Analyze and report numbers for stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Training, and Traits:
- Proven expertise as a web designer with UI/UX skills
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio of professional work
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and sitemaps
- Design with mobile first attitude, and attention to detail across devices and platforms
- Proficiency with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe CC
- Comfortable working closely with and taking feedback from graphic design and web development team members
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques and technologies
- Experience in WordPress a plus
- Ability to understand and maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion
- Highest ethics as they relate to all aspects of museum practices
- Two (2) years work experience or training in web design, preferred. Work as part of a creative team preferred
- Degree in a design and/or digital media related area of study preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: In the work environments described below, Position requires working at desk/workstation and utilizing a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Work Environment: Work will be performed in an office environment and in museum spaces as necessary. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
To be considered for this position, please apply through this posting. Applications must be complete and include a resume and cover letter.
No phone calls please.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a routine background and consumer credit check and drug screen.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Crystal Bridges is committed to creating an institution that reflects the diversity of our region and nation. We are especially mindful of those in our community impacted by inequity due to ability, language, class, age, gender, religion, sexuality, race and ethnicity, and are working diligently to address perceived and real barriers that keep anyone from fully experiencing the museum as a guest, volunteer, or employee. To achieve true reform, we must have a diverse, highly qualified team. Crystal Bridges is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We actively encourage minority candidates to apply for this position.
Crystal Bridges is a museum of American Art located in Bentonville, Arkansas. We explore the unfolding story of America by actively collecting, exhibiting, interpreting and preserving outstanding works that illuminate the American heritage and artistic possibilities.
We are passionate about transforming lives through experiences that encourage the discovery of new ideas, expanded dreams and inspired actions.
As an employee at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you will be empowered to think creatively, ask questions, and make suggestions to help move the institution forward.