About us: The National WWII Museum in New Orleans tells the story of the American Experience in the war that changed the world—why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today—so that all generations will understand the price of freedom and be inspired by what they learn.
We are looking for a full-time Web Developer in our Marketing and Communications Department.
Reporting to the Digital Design Manager, the Web Developer is responsible for building content-driven websites, applications, and digital solutions that support Museum goals. Duties include updating content on the Museum’s internet and intranet and handling various aspects of the Museum’s eCommunications materials. The Web Developer will also be responsible for publishing materials on the Museum’s website. The ideal candidate enjoys solving problems through standards-based web development and has a drive to make useful, robust digital products that adhere to industry best practices, perform well, and work seamlessly across devices.
– Create technical solutions that support museum mission and reach marketing and strategic goals in mobile, web, and app environments.
– Works with the Digital Design Manager and the AVP of Marketing & Communications to bring interactive concepts to life using appropriate technologies including standards-based HTML/CSS, JS, jQuery, LAMP, Flash, ActionScript, Drupal, KE eMU/iMU, Convio, cloud-based storage solutions, and mobile application development platforms, including Android and iOS.
– Works with the Marketing & Communications Department and other departments to enhance the Museum’s digital communications including websites, eCommunications, and social media.
– Ensure optimal performance & stability of web properties.
– Create responsive sites that work well across platforms & browsers.
– Proven ability to implement complex analytics code.
– Working with domain registration & management and application service providers and hosted solutions.
– Performs routine daily, weekly, and periodic major and minor updates of online text, graphics, photographs, moving images, and forms.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Fine Arts, Design, Photography, Math, or related field or equivalent experience, at least 4 years total.
– Proficient with front-end and back-end development.
– Heavy experience with Drupal and WordPress including customization and theming is required.
– Experience with Photoshop & Illustrator.
– Knowledge of content management and Customer Relationship management systems, such as Convio, a plus.
– Familiarity with Mandrill, MailChimp, Rackspace a plus.
– Must be flexible and able to work on several projects concurrently.
– Ability and desire to take ownership of code base and app and implement best practices with both.
– Ability to work on a widely divergent set of problems across a multitude of platforms.
– Ability to work independently.
– Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
– Willingness to work overtime when necessary to meet deadlines.
– Ability to push, pull, and lifting weights up to 20 pounds. May require prolonged sitting, standing and/or walking during which objects are transported. May require bending, squatting, or reaching and occasional use of equipment.