The Back-End Web Developer works to develop, and support the Walker’s front-facing technologies including websites, mobile properties, and in-gallery interactive technologies. This is a hands-on, multifaceted role. You must be a web developer and programmer first of all – with a passion for new media and developing innovative solutions.
Responsibilities will include application development and support as well as oversight of site architecture and coding standards. This individual will seek out innovative solutions to support a growing, constantly improving, website.
- Computer Science degree or significant professional experience is necessary (minimum 5 years)
- Strong communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of Python/Django and/or Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Solr
- Demonstrated skills working with Internet standards and protocols, including caching, security, APIs and RESTful web services
- GIT experience and integrating into workflow (or similar source control)
- Working knowledge of Linux, especially Ubuntu
Nice to have
- Knowledge of preprocessors including SASS, CoffeeScript, HAML
- Experience with the following technologies: JQUERY, XML, JSON, bower
- GIThub and/or Stack Exchange Profile (include with your application)
- Experience in a museum setting highly desired
For consideration, please email letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements as MS Word or PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agency applications will be considered.