Come be our web developer!
A full-time ( 1 year) contract position is available in the Digital Media department for a full stack web developer. The Digital Media department is responsible for creative direction, content strategy, implementation, and management for all of the Museum’s public-facing digital products, including the museum’s website, visitor app, and digital signage system. This position reports to the Director of Digital Media.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Digital Technologies to fix bugs, build new features, and carry out maintenance of Ruby on Rails website and API, and additional internal websites on a variety of platforms
- Work with graphic designers to ensure accurate, pixel-perfect translation of design to code.
- BA in computer science preferred; comparable work experience will be considered
- Strong client-facing communication and project management skills; strong ability to manage personal time, tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and teach yourself new technologies
Required skills (3+ years experience):
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS, SASS
- Service-oriented architecture
- REST API’s
- Linux server administration
- Version control, Git preferred
Desired experience, but not required:
- CMS’s such as Drupal and WordPress
- Responsive websites and BEM methodology
- Accessible website design, including familiarity with W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508
- Knowledge and interest in 20th-century American art and contemporary art
Applications Due: Sept 6, 2016. To apply for a position: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org