Closing date Sunday 11 December 2016
We are looking for a web editor to join the growing editorial team for wellcomecollection.org, as we build new global audiences and deepen engagement with our existing public and professional audiences.
Working with researchers, artists and curators in a friendly and creative environment, you will explore topics as varied as the power of electricity, the relationship between graphic design and health, and the history of voguing.
You will be responsible for:
- planning, researching and producing articles, image galleries, photo essays and interviews
- commissioning editorial content from writers, artists and photographers
- copy editing and QAing editorial and site content.
You will also be working on the site’s functional content, supporting visitors and researchers, and keeping up-to-date with copyright, privacy, contempt and defamation law.
To succeed in this role you will need to:
- be handy with words
- understand what looks good and what will appeal to our audiences
- have a record of producing high-quality content
- be able to plan and meet deadlines
- have an eye for detail
- have excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- be able to develop effective, collaborative working relationships and work as part of a team to achieve results.
Please complete the online application process and ensure your covering letter explains how you meet the criteria for this job.
Your application should include three varied examples of pieces you have written (published or unpublished) for a popular audience.