The Autry National Center of the American West is seeking a Web Manager. The Web Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the Autry’s public-facing websites as well as a variety of online tools for staff (calendar, staff site, trustee site, project management, e-blasts, etc.). S/he updates content on our main public website under the direction of Communications and Marketing; and updates content on the Intranet as needed. The Web Manager reports to the Director of Information Services and Technology.
– Ensures the Autry’s websites are appropriately updated, including current exhibitions, event calendar, and homepage promotions;
– Develops exhibition-specific and program-specific pages as needed;
– Builds database support for contests and reservations;
– Creates micro-sites related to special initiatives;
– Coordinates with various departments within the Autry to promote content related to education, programs, and research;
– Takes a leading role in researching and identifying tools for activities, such as scheduling and payment processing.
Website software, OS, and hardware:
– Configures web server;
– Provides clear access for website visitors to all sites including micro-sites and drives audiences to these websites;
– Configures and tracks website analytics and provides monthly reports;
– Interfaces with vendors on OS updates, hardware maintenance, security protocol.
– Proficiency with Content Management Systems (e.g. Joomla, WordPress, Drupal) including back-end manipulation
– At least three years of experience with server-side programming languages (including PHP) and relational databases (including MySQL)
– An understanding of HTML 5 and the principles of Responsive Web Design and Progressive Enhancement
– Demonstrates strong initiative in collaborative office environment
– Excellent understanding of current online marketing trends
– Experience with web-based project management tools (e.g. Basecamp, Smartsheet)
– Experience building Intranets and web applications requiring secure communication
– Experience building e-blasts and e-newsletters utilizing e-mail marketing services (e.g. Mailchimp, Patron Mail)
– Experience making reports from Google Analytics and other analytic sources
– Proven design ability
– At least three years of experience with image and graphic manipulation (i.e. Photoshop)
– Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Web-Based alternatives (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Prezi, Google Docs)
Please provide design samples when applying for this position.
This position is located in Los Angeles, California.
Apply through this link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=AUTRY
The Autry National Center of the American West is dedicated to exploring and sharing the stories, experiences, and perceptions of the diverse peoples of the American West. Through the work of its dynamic staff, the Autry promotes education, research, exhibitions, and public programs.