WEB PROJECT MANAGER
The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Web Project Manager to create, implement, and sustain
Web-based projects, effectively identifying content and program needs and translating those needs into project plans;
manages a portfolio that includes small to medium efforts and larger, complex projects that involve a number of
collaborators, and plays a key role throughout the organization and sometimes with external partners, in Web and mobile
project initiation and conception; scheduling, production, testing, publication, and ongoing support. This is a full-time,
regular (2,088 annual hours) position located at the History Center in St Paul, MN.
SUMMARY OF WORK: Responsibilities include: 1) analyze, create and execute projects of varying complexities,
recommending new technologies to meet changing needs and requirements; 2) manage project portfolio; and 3) manage
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, communications, project management or related field plus six years experience managing web application development projects or equivalent; OR an advanced degree plus five years experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to determine project direction, plan work and set goals; monitor and evaluate accomplishments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams of professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with audiences, suppliers, team members and senior management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning, monitoring, and follow-up skills.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging Web technologies and the potential application thereof.
- Experience within a museum or other cultural or mission-focused organization.
- Functional knowledge of effective database design, open source architectures and tools.
- Functional knowledge of the development and application of delivering solutions on mobile technology.
- Experience with one or more structured project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean, etc.).
- Functional knowledge of user experience components (usability, user interface, information architecture, and other web design elements)
- Knowledge of evolving user habits and expectations among general audiences.
- Functional knowledge of the types of tools Web Developers and Designers use to produce rich, multimedia, interactive applications.
- Familiarity with Drupal and other Web frameworks and content management systems.
SALARY: $4,413.00 monthly minimum
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications must be received or post-marked no later than December 9, 2013.
TO APPLY: Send an MHS application, cover letter, and resume to: Minnesota Historical Society, Human Resources
Department, #1090 Web Project Manager position, 345 Kellogg Blvd, St Paul, MN 55102-1906. To be considered an
applicant, you must submit all requested application materials. If not complete, your application materials will not be
accepted and your materials will be returned. If submitting materials for more than one position, provide an MNHS
application, cover letter and resume for each position. Applicants who are offered employment will be subject to passing a
background check as a condition of employment. For an application, see our website at www.mnhs.org/about/jobs or call
MHS Job Line 651-259-3181. EEO
Your application will be acknowledged
– No phone calls please –