Maintain a lively website that is responsive to ongoing educational, marketing and social media needs of the 9/11 Tribute Center. Supports media management and archiving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Edits, updates, enhances, and maintains both www.tributewtc.org and www.911families.org content to keep text and images relevant and current. Both sites are powered by WordPress.
- Designs new educational units for the website including oral history exhibits and other educational enhancements from existing WordPress template site or new site to be built by Coordinator or contractor.
- Maintains careful records all content, images, videos found in the website.
- Regularly updates web sections such as: visitor cards, teacher awards, home page rotating content, events, and additions to press.
- Monitors social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for inappropriate posts from public and statistics on use and growth of social media presence.
- Coordinates in putting content into hootsuite, expands social media presence, researches related hashtags, interactions with other organizations and timely posts for promotions of events, materials, tours, etc.
- Edits, manages, posts video clips to enhance marketing and education. All videos are uploaded to and hosted through Vimeo.
- Maintains online shop items, includes photographing items and writing item descriptions.
- Assists in media management and archiving.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on web usage using Google Analytics.
- Works with contractors to create appropriate templates for projects, or repairs when necessary.
- Contributes ideas and feedback on current and future website development.
- Trouble shoots to assist colleagues in their use of WordPress and other media when necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with web design and CMS
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash a plus), Microsoft Office, HTML, CSS, File Maker Pro, Vimeo or comparable video-sharing site experience, Social Media
- Based on the emotional nature of the content of Tribute Center, experience in working with content that demands sensitive handling is required.
- Experience in working in a museum, or education program with content that demands sensitive handling a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States without Sponsorship.
This has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to receive proper consideration, submit your resume in confidence including the job title using one of the following methods:
Preferred Method: Submit an on-line resume include the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
US Mail: September 11th Families’ Association-9/11 Tribute Center
22 Cortlandt Street Suite 801
New York, NY 10007
Att: Human Resources
Please visit our website at www.tributewtc.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The September 11th Families’ Association-9/11 Tribute Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.