Join our awesome digital team!
A full-time position is available in the Digital Media department for a full stack web developer (full time). The Digital Media department is responsible for digital strategy, creative direction, product development and implementation, and management for all of the Museum’s public-facing digital products, including the museum’s website, visitor app, and digital signage system. This position reports to the Director of Digital Media. Deadline for submissions is: November 23, 2018.
Work with the Senior Web Developer to conceptualize and build new features, fix bugs, and carry out maintenance of Ruby on Rails website and API, and additional internal websites on a variety of platforms.
- Work with product teams and interactive designers to ensure accurate, pixel-perfect translation of design to code.
- Set up and maintain accurate data reporting and marketing tags/campaigns
- Support performance and reliability of systems
- Keep systems and workflows well documented
- BA in computer science preferred; comparable work experience will be considered
- Experience with media and e-commerce websites
- Strong client-facing communication and project management skills; strong ability to manage personal time, tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and teach yourself new technologies
- Familiarity with accessible website design, including W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and Section 508
Required skills (3+ years’ experience):
- Ruby on Rails
- HTML5, CSS, SASS
- Service-oriented architecture
- REST API’s
- Linux server administration
- Version control, Git preferred
- Responsive design
Desired experience, but not required:
- CMS’s such as Drupal and WordPress
- Frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, or Angular
- BEM methodology
- Knowledge and interest in 20th-century American art and contemporary art
Apply here: https://whitney.org/about/job-postings.
Please include salary requirement in your application.